Hello dear Sunshine,
We love you, we really do! But like all good relationships, ours is a love-hate one. While we love you we have to protect ourselves from your heat, your wrath.
Girl who uses sunscreen
This post goes out to all those who, love the sun or not, have to get their asses out in the heat and slog like a log. That makes all of us, right?That doesn’t mean we can’t look our best. We neither want to tan into a crisp not want the harmful UV, UVA,B,C,D… and what not rays to rip that glow off our skin and make us look older than we are. And, most importantly, we don’t want skin cancer.
There are different things you need to consider before getting yourself a sunscreen that best suits your needs.
- How long do you spend outdoors?
- Do you wear make-up over sunscreen?
- What is your skin type-dry, oily, sensitive, or combination?
Dermatologists advise that we use sunscreen atleast 20mins before you get out into the sun. It is also advised that you reapply your sunscreen every 30-60mins. But who has that time, no? So, here are my favorite sunscreens for this summer. The ones I swear by no matter what.
First in the list,
- Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+ with helioplex broad spectrum uva-uvb
- It’s one of the most matte sunscreens in the list. If you hate greasy sunscreens that make your skin shine with oil this one is for you. It’s perfect to wear under your everyday make-up.The only con I find in this is that it leaves a white film on your face. But, again, if you are wearing make-up you can mix this with your foundation and voila! It retails for Rs.499 for 88mL.
- Lotus Herbals Safe Sun UV SCREEN MatteGel PA+++ SPF 50 UVA UVB
- This is my favorite and the one I’m using now. The gel base makes it easy to apply and re-apply making it one that you can carry around. It takes about a minute to settle on your skin and then it’s matte. This one gives a slight supple moisture to your skin which is perfect or the day time. It retails for Rs.395 for 100gms.
- Biotique Bio Sandlewood Ultra Soothing Face Lotion SPF 75+
- This is a heavy-duty sunscreen with SPF75+, perfect if you spend a lot of time outdoors. It gives you a moisture boost with sun protection which is again good if you tend to lose moisture throughout the day. It retails for Rs.200/-for 50mL.
- Kara Sunscreen Wipes with Plum and Aloe Vera
- Anything with Aloe vera is a beauty in itself. Plum is rich in anti-oxidants and that, again, is good for your skin. These are handy sunscreen top-ups for your handbag. I always leave these in my bags for quick touchups in the summer.It’s a must-have. You get 10 wipes for Rs.80/-
Regularly using a sunscreen that you like is the best way to enjoy these sunny days without compromise. So have your share of fun with protection.
All the brands listed here are available in India and I’ve linked it with their respective Nykaa and Amazon links if you want to purchase them. (PS.this isn’t a sponsored post.) Let me know if you have any other favorites in the comments section.
Lots of love!