Amazon is a book lovers’ friend and here’s why. Amazon is selling a few books for Kindle users at a throw-away price of Rs.39. Here’s how to make the most of it. (If you would rather go through the entire list by yourself then click here.)
Although the site claims that the discount changes hourly not much has changed in the past two days. The following are the books I bought, followed by the ones you might be interested in.
- An Unsuitable Boy by Karan Johar with Poonam Saxena
- Because Bollywood spice do you no harm when it’s not burning a hole through your pocket. Also, I started reading it and it has me hooked on like his TV show, Koffee with Karan.
- The Great Indian Novel by Shashi Tharoor
- Because the paperback is priced at Rs.414 and the Kindle edition at Rs. 39. You do the math! Besides the novel has people raving about the language, satire, and political relevance.
- Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
- Apart from the Kindle edition the only available print of this book is a hardcover priced at Rs.1867. I’ve been eyeing this book long enough to snatch the deal.
- Jaya: An Illustrated Retelling of the Mahabharata by Devdutt Pattanaik
- Every single penny spent on this book is worth your while. This book is going to change the way you look at the epic, Mahabharata. So, if this price drop isn’t a reason enough for you to buy it then I don’t know what is.
- Mrs.Funnybones: She’s just like You and a lot like Me by Twinkle Khanna
- I read this book a while back and at this price it is quite a decent read. Click here for the review.
- Last Mughal by William Dalrymple
- A massive book on the last few years of Indian Mughal history of by a historian of such repute should not be missed by a history-buff. Especially when the price is as low as Rs.39.
- The Great Derangement: Climate change and the Unthinkable by Amitav Ghosh
- This is a small book of 176 pages and the only noteworthy non-fiction essay in this haul. And, it’s by Amitav Ghosh.
- Playing It My Way: My Autobiography by Sachin Tendulkar
- This one is for the sports enthusiasts and because, well, Sachin!
- Khullam Khulla: Rishi Kapoor Uncensored by Rishi Kapoor with Meena Iyer
- Though it hasn’t created ripples in the literary world, like the Karan Johar one did, it could be worth a shot given the controversies Mr.Kapoor creates on Twitter. Again, Bollywood spice in such little price. (Look! It rhymed!)
- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The only classic on the discount list with worldwide acceptance.
That’s my list of the Kindle editions worth your time currently available on Amazon for Rs.39. Go grab the offer and let me know what you feel.